Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I vote?

A resident of the City of Carson City would vote at the City Hall for a General, a School and a Presidential Election.

What garbage companies service Carson City?

Garbage pick-up is provided by Waste Management.  Contact 1-800-796-9696 or residents may go to City Hall for pricing information

Does the city reserve the park?

Yes. the Picnic Pavilion at Haradine Park and the Picnic Pavilion at Grove Park may be reserved for $25.00
Contact City Hall for further information at 989-584-3515.

What steps are necessary to erect a fence, build an addition, or build a graage?

First, You need to go to City Hall and get a Zoning Permit.  After that, you must go to the County Building Office in Stanton to get a Building Permit. At both of these stops, you need a drawing of the proposed addition in relationship to your property lines.

Can I get a sidewalk in front of my house?

Yes.  The City will install sidewalks on a cost for materials basis.  Contact City Hall for pricing information.  989-584-3515

Can I park my car on a City Street overnight?

No, There is no parking on City streets from 2:am to 5:am. Special requests may be considered for a short period of time.

How can I get my business listed on this web page

Contact City Hall   989-584-3515

How do I become a volunteer fireman?

Contact Firechief Dan Kipp at City Hall for the requirements.   989-584-3515

Is there a Chamber of Commerce in Carson City?

No, not at this time.

Who is in charge of the cemeteries?

Sylvia Martin - Protestant Cemetery  (989-584-3545)
Marie Ingrahm - Catholic Cemetery  (989-584-3358)

Do I need a burning permit?

Yes. The fire department needs to know the location of a controlled burn. Contact City Hall  989-584-3515

Where do I get a copy of my birth certificate?

The county clerk's office in the county you were born.

Where can I get a marriage license?

Marriage licenses can be obtained at the County Clerk's Office in the county you will be married in.

Where do I get a dog license?

Go to the Montcalm County Animal Control or the Treasurer's Office. It can also be done by mail.

Where are my property lines?

The only way to insure the location of your property lines is to have your property surveyed.