City of Carson City

City Government

City Government

City Government

Burning Permits
Call City Hall at (989) 584-3515 for a burn permit (7:00 am.- 4:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am – 11:00 AM Friday) It is a good idea for the fire department to know the location of a controlled burn.

Position Currently Open

Sewer Service
Contact the Department of Public Works or City Hall if you have problems. City Hall (989) 584-3515 or DPW
Office (989) 584-6090.

Fire Department
To contact the Carson City Fire Department, Call City Hall (989) 584-3515 or 911 if for an emergency.

Water Service
Contact Department of Public Works: Nate Plath, Supervisor at (989) 584-3515 or DPW (989) 584-6090.

Zoning Permits
Check before building, putting up a fence, building a deck, etc. You must have a zoning permit from the City before going to the County to get a building permit.

911 is based in the County of our area

Leaf Pick-Up
All year-long leaves can be bagged (clear bags) and put by the street and the DPW will pick up leaves or yard waste. During the fall months (only) you can rake your leaves to the street and the DPW will vacuum up the leaves.

Brush Pick-Up
Brush will be picked up by the DPW. It should be placed on the street side with the butt of all branches facing in one direction

Protestant Cemetery
Call Keith Dykehouse at (989) 235-3358

Notary Public
Notary at City Hall -Nan Hagerman and Joni Jegla

Tax Collection
Monday – Thursday 7 am – 4 pm; Friday 7:00 am – 11:00 am
Summer Taxes are collected: July 1 – August 31
Winter Taxes are collected: December 1 – February 16

Delinquent Taxes
Must be paid at the Montcalm County Treasurer’s Office. Call for the total amount due – (989) 831-7334.

Voter Registration
All voters that reside within the City Limits may register at City Hall, the Post Office the County Clerk in Stanton, or the Secretary of State.

Concealed Weapons Permit
Contact: Montcalm County Sheriff 989-831-7590.

Road Repair & Maintenance
Call City Hall to speak with Supervisor Nate Plath (989) 584-3515 or DPW (989) 584-3515.

Picnic Shelter Reservations
$35.00 fee for people who live within the City Limits and $50.00 for those outside the City limits. Call Nan Hagerman or Joni Jegla at City Hall (989) 584-3515. Click Here for a printable copy.


Office phone: (989) 584-3515
Comptroller: Nan Hagerman –
Assistant Comptroller: Joni Jegla –

Public Works
Phone: (989) 584-6090
Supervisor: Nate Plath –
Wyatt Waldron
Nathan Churchill
Dallas O’Green

Phone: 989-584-3515 ext. 205
Police Chief: Position Currently Open

Chief: Mark Crawfis –