City of Carson City



Where do I vote?

A resident of the City of Carson City would vote at the City Hall for a General, a School, and a Presidential Election.

What garbage companies service Carson City?

Garbage pick-up is provided by Granger. Contact (888) 947-2643.

Does the city reserve the park?

Yes. the Picnic Pavilion at Haradine Park and the Picnic Pavilion at Grove Park may be reserved for $35.00 for City residents and $50.00 for non-residents.


Contact City Hall for further information at (989) 584-3515.

What steps are necessary to erect a fence, build an addition, or build a garage?

First, You need to go to City Hall and get a Zoning Permit. After that, you must go to the County Building Office in Stanton to get a Building Permit. At both of these stops, you need a drawing of the proposed addition in relation to your property lines.

Can I get a sidewalk in front of my house?

Yes. The City will install sidewalks on a cost for materials basis. Contact City Hall for pricing information at (989) 584-3515.

Can I park my car on a City Street overnight?

No, there is no parking on City streets from 2:am to 5:am. Special requests may be considered for a short period of time.

How can I get my business listed on this web page

Contact City Hall at (989) 584-3515.

How do I become a volunteer fireman?

Contact Fire Chief Mark Crawfis at City Hall for the requirements at (989) 584-3515.

Is there a Chamber of Commerce in Carson City?

No, not at this time.

Who is in charge of the cemeteries?

Keith Dykehouse  (989)235-3358

Do I need a burning permit?

Yes. The fire department needs to know the location of a controlled burn. Contact City Hall at (989) 584-3515.

Where do I get a copy of my birth certificate?

The county clerk’s office in the county you were born.

Where can I get a marriage license?

Marriage Licenses can be obtained at the County Clerk’s office in the County your reside. If you are from out of state you have to obtain it in the County you will be getting married in.

Where are my property lines?

The only way to ensure the location of your property lines is to have your property surveyed.